iVisa.com

I thought of quitting cinema: Priyamani

Priyamani is delighted that her career has taken an upward swing after 'Paruthi Veeran'. Introduced by Bharathiraja in 'Kangalal Kaidhu Sei', she has acted in several films including Balu Mahendra's 'Adhu Oru Kana Kaalam', 'Malaikottai', 'Thotta' among others.

The actress was doing films in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam. However her career was dreary till 'Paruthi Veeran' happened. The film fetched her many awards including the 'Best actress award' at the Osian's Cinefan Festival of Asian and Arab cinema.

The actress says, "For four years, I was running behind success. At a point, I even thought of quitting movies and venture into some other profession. However thanks to the Almighty, 'Paruthi Veeran' happened. Director Ameer had faith in my acting credentials and gave me a meaty role in the film. Eventually the movie became a big hit and even won me the National Award for Best Actress."

Priyamani is now one of the flourishing, busy heroines of South Indian Cinema. "I want to do varied roles. It doesn't bother me whether it's glamorous or performance-oriented. I feel ecstatic to have achieved success after a great toil", says the actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Dhaakad' crosses 12 million views

After making us nostalgic with "Haanikaarak Baapu", the makers of 'Dangal' released their second 'Dhaakad'. ...