iVisa.com

Abhishek and I are very well-matched: Sonam Kapoor

Abhishek Bachchan is Sonam Kapoor's second co-star and the newcomer, who is enjoying his company on the sets of Dilli 6, says they make a good pair. "Abhishek and I are very well-matched, height-wise. Though he is very mischievous, I find him very mature," said Sonam. Sonam debuted with Ranbir Kapoor in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya. "While Ranbir is someone I've grown up with, Abhishek is someone I can look up to as a co-star. He's really cool. In fact, I'm learning so much from all my co-stars in Dilli 6. "Abhishek and I, and our director Rakeysh (Omprakash) Mehra are so much in awe of Waheeda Rehmanji. During rehearsals every time she reads a scene there's pin drop silence for a few minutes. We're all busy staring at her," she added. The legendary Waheeda Rehman feels Sonam resembles her. "When people, including Waheedaji herself, said I look like her, I feel I'll just faint with pride." The actress has one regret. "I lost my grandfather. I was very close to him. And my one regret is I couldn't meet him before he passed away. The last I saw him was about a fortnight before his death. My Nanaji was loads of fun." Sonam has said no to a very big project with one of the industry's biggest stars for a top-notch banner. "The role was extremely sensuous. That's fine. But it also required a lot of nudity and there was one major lovemaking scene. It was a smashing opportunity for me to go beyond what I've done in Saawariya and my second film Dilli 6. But I can't do anything that I'm not comfortable with." So far both of Sonam's directors have been extremely protective of her. "Sanjay sir would cover me up even when I walked from the set to my van. And now Rakeysh is worse! He wants to see me in nothing but salwar-kameez in Dilli 6." For a sequence Sonam had to get into chic attire. "When I came on the set, Rakeysh looked at me, and said I should quickly revert to my salwar-kameez look. Because of my dad everyone treats me like a child. I can't be doing any role that would make my father, mother and the rest of my family cringe at the premiere. Call me a prude, but that's that way I am. "My father has a 40-year reputation in the industry. And I'm not going to tarnish it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Dhaakad' crosses 12 million views

After making us nostalgic with "Haanikaarak Baapu", the makers of 'Dangal' released their second 'Dhaakad'. ...